It has been a little over a year since I last posted. Inspired by Jo's and Michele's new blogs, I have decided to 'revive' my blog. And since I don't know what to write about, I will talk pretzels.
Over this past Winter Break, I got a small infatuation with Auntie Anne's Pretzels. So, in coming back to school, my friend Edward and I made pretzels - cinnamon pretzels! Here is the website that inspired us.
To the left are some photos of our pretzels.The process of making these yummies was not too hard at all. The only frustrating part was that the dough did not rise when it was supposed to!!! We waited 3 hours for it to rise, but to our utter disappointment, nothing happened (who knows?). I was quite upset and honestly, I just wanted to start all over because I wasn't sure whether or not the pretzels would come out well or not with unrisen dough. But Edward convinced me to just see what would happen if we continued to the baking stage.
And so we rolled out 4 little pretzels and baked... they turned out absolutely amazingly delicious! After a glaze of butter and a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar, the pretzels were truly good eats! Yes, they would've been more light and fluffy had the dough risen, but no worries. Our pretzels were yummy, and we ate all 4 of them in one night.
Lesson: You never know! Just keep on a-truckin'.
Yup! That's it kiddos. Until next time,
J.

3 comments:
see...if you keep up the faith, you may just end up with pretzles ;)
omg, those look so tasty!
Maybe u can be a professional chef or professional foodie.
Post a Comment